Terms & Conditions of Sale
(Terms & Conditions are subject to change any time without notice.)
Munari Auctions has different types of auctions where the Terms and Conditions may be different. There are additional terms and conditions for AUTO AUCTIONS that apply and are listed below, all terms and conditions where applicable shall apply to the auction sale..
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
These Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Sale Terms”) govern all items which are offered for sale by Munari Auctions, Inc. (“MA”) and any of its employees, agents, designees, affiliates, joint venture partners, and co-auctioneers (together with Munari Auction, Inc., collectively, “MA”) to a buyer (the “Buyer”) of any machinery, equipment or other personal property items offered by MA and purchased by Buyer (collectively, the “Purchased Items”). The owner of the items upon which Buyer will be bidding may be owned either by MA or by another entity who has retained MA to sell such items (the “Owner”). MA reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time and any such modification shall become part of these Terms. By registering at the auction, onsite or online, the Buyer agrees that it has read and fully understands these Terms and agrees to be bound by these Terms.
1. Payment. The winning bidder of any items in the Auction must make full payment to MA in United States Dollars, and must be made on the day of sale as set forth in the invoice sent to Buyer at the end of the auction . Payment is due and payable in cash, by cashier’s check, wire transfer, company check with a Bank Letter of Guarantee, or when applicable, VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card payable to MA. For any items paid in cash with a value of $10,000 or more, Buyer is required to complete United States Treasury Form # 8300 and return it to MA at the time of purchase. Buyer shall pay MA a late penalty on all amounts over 30 days past due computed at the greater of (i) 18% per annum, and (ii) the maximum rate permitted by applicable Nevada law. If Buyer fails to pay the Purchase Price in accordance with these Terms, Buyer agrees that it remains responsible for payment of the Purchase Price and MA shall have the right to commence all legal actions against Buyer for collection of the entire Purchase Price amount. Buyer shall also be liable for any and all costs and expenses incurred by MA arising out of or in connection with MA’s efforts to collect any unpaid amounts hereunder including, without limitation, attorney or collection agency fees and expenses. No forbearance, indulgence, or delay by MA in taking any action hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any rights of MA hereunder. Until MA has received payment in full of the Purchase Price, Buyer or Buyer’s agents, employees, riggers or associates shall have no right to dismantle or remove any of the Purchased Items from the personal property located at the auction site (the “Personal Property”).
2. Taxes. Prices do not include any federal, state or local taxes, which are in addition to the Purchase Price and must be paid by Buyer where applicable and may be added by MA to the Invoice unless Buyer furnishes MA with an current and complete acceptable tax exemption certificate. In addition, any and all foreign duties and taxes are also the responsibility of Buyer and Buyer hereby indemnifies and holds MA harmless from any and all claims, costs, expenses and liability incurred by MA resulting from Buyer’s failure to pay any foreign duties and taxes. If an acceptable tax exemption certificate is not submitted at the time of payment, Buyer may submit said exemption certificate within five (5) business days to MA, and the tax originally paid will be refunded back to the Buyer. The failure of MA to include any such federal, state or local taxes does not excuse the Buyer from responsibility for paying any such taxes and Buyer hereby indemnifies and holds MA harmless from any and all claims, costs, expenses and liability incurred by MA resulting from Buyer’s failure to pay any federal, state or local taxes.
3. Buyer’s Premium. MA will charge and retain a non-negotiable buyer’s commission (“Buyer’s Premium”) on the proceeds of any sale based on the final and accepted bid for the Purchased Items. The Buyer’s Premium will be 15% for onsite bidders and 18% for purchases made through online bidding. There is a 3% discount for payment of cash for online auctions only. The Buyer’s Premium can be changed at anytime prior to the auction. The Buyer’s Premium will be posted on the MA website and announced prior to the auction. The Buyer’s Premium for Public Car Auctions events that feature automobiles only, will have a lower Buyer’s Premium. These rates will be announced and or posted on the Auction day. All Buyer’s Premiums may be changed at any time without notice.
4. Title. On the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer, title to the offered lot or article will pass to the highest acknowledged bidder, who thereupon (a) immediately assumes full risk and responsibility, therefore, (b) will immediately sign a confirmation of the purchase therefore, setting forth his name and address, and (c) will immediately pay the full purchase price therefore. Internet bidders are acknowledged as the confirmed buyer by virtue of the MA or auction platform company representative that handles the transaction. At the moment the hammer falls the internet bidder is responsible for the lot. All bidders on the internet assume responsibility and ownership of the lot. All winning bids must be settled at the end of the auction. No exceptions. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions herein are not complied within addition to other remedies available to Auctioneers and the Consignor by law (including without limitation the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price), Auctioneers, at its option, may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser, or (b) resell the property, either publicly or privately, for the account and risk of the purchaser, and in such event the purchaser shall be liable for the payment of all deficiencies plus all costs, including warehousing, the expenses of both sales, and Auctioneers commission at its regular rates and all other charges due hereunder. Auctioneers may also impose late charges of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate allowed under applicable law, whichever is lower) on any amounts unpaid.
5. INSPECTION. BUYER SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE RELIED ENTIRELY UPON ITS OWN INSPECTIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS OF ALL OF THE ITEMS UPON WHICH BUYER WILL BE BIDDING AND/OR PURCHASING. BUYER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT BUYER AND BUYER’S AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT, OR HAVE INSPECTED, ALL OF THE ITEMS UPON WHICH BUYER WILL BE BIDDING AND/OR PURCHASING. BUYER AGREES THAT BY SUBMITTING A BID FOR ANY ITEM, BUYER SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE INSPECTED ALL OF THE ITEMS UPON WHICH BUYER WILL BE BIDDING AND/OR PURCHASING. AFTER A SALE OF PURCHASED ITEMS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, THE BUYER SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE INSPECTED ALL PURCHASED ITEMS AT THE TIME OF SALE CONFIRMATION.
6. Acceptance by Buyer. Buyer agrees that its acceptance of the Purchased Items shall constitute an acknowledgment by Buyer that the Purchased Items satisfies any and all obligations of MA hereunder. Buyer may not revoke its acceptance for any reason whatsoever.
7. Safety Standards. Buyer expressly assumes all responsibility to obtain all safety equipment and to meet all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards in removing any of the Purchased Items. Buyer further agrees to comply with the Rigger Removal Agreement, if applicable.
8. Removal of Purchased Items. Purchased Items can only be removed from the Real Property within the removal time as announced at the sale and as indicated on the Invoice, or announced at the auction. No Purchased Items can be removed, segregated, or dismantled by Buyer before the conclusion of the auction. Prior to removal of any Purchased Items, the entire Invoice for all Purchased Items must be paid in full in order to gain access to the Personal Property. Buyer must present a representative of MA with an original Invoice marked “PAID”.
9. Failure to Remove Purchased Items/Bankruptcy. If Purchased Items are not removed by the deadline (i) such Purchased Items will be deemed abandoned by the Buyer, (ii) Buyer shall forfeit all monies paid to MA for such Purchased Items, and (iii) Buyer shall forfeit any rights to such Purchased Items. In addition, Buyer shall be responsible for all damages suffered by MA, including, but not limited to, any dismantling, transportation, storage or other costs, including attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred by MA as a consequence of Buyer’s failure to remove such Purchased Items. Buyer hereby grants to MA a security interest in the Purchased Items to secure Buyer’s obligation to remove the Purchased Items from the Personal Property not later than the Removal Deadline and in compliance with the terms of any Rigger Removal Agreement, if applicable. Buyer hereby authorizes MA the right to file and/or record such documents and financing statements as are necessary or useful to perfect such security interest in the Purchased Items as provided in this Section 9, and Buyer shall execute and deliver to MA such documents as requested in connection therewith. In the event Buyer fails to remove the Purchased Items on or before the Removal Deadline, MA shall have the right to foreclose its security interest in the Purchased Items by a public or private sale in accordance with applicable law. In addition, in the event any one or more of the following shall occur, any and all obligations of MA hereunder, including without limitation, any obligations to Buyer in respect of the Purchased Items shall immediately terminate and without further action by MA: (a) Buyer files a voluntary petition in bankruptcy or a bankruptcy petition is filed against Buyer; (b) Buyer becomes insolvent or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (c) Buyer discontinues its business or a receiver is appointed for Buyer or its business.
10. Integration; Modifications. Buyer acknowledges that these Terms and Conditions of Sale, the Invoice, the Rigger Removal Agreement, if applicable, a bill of sale, if applicable, and all attachments and exhibits hereto and thereto, (a) are the only terms and conditions of sale for the Purchased Items, (b) are intended by the parties as a complete and exclusive statement of the terms of their agreement in respect of the Purchased Items, and (c) supersede all prior agreements, written or oral in respect of the auction and Purchased Items, except for any and all announcements made by the auctioneer on the day of the auction concerning the Sale Terms, which Buyer acknowledges and agrees to be bound. Any variation from the terms hereof contained in the Buyer’s acceptance of the Purchased Items is hereby rejected.
11. Auction Registration; Deposit. To register for any live auction onsite, bidders must provide a refundable deposit in the amount determined by MA and either posted onsite or requested by a MA representative, in the form of cash, cashier’s check, wire transfer, company check with a Bank Letter of Guarantee, and when applicable, VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card payable to MA. The foregoing amount shall be increased, as determined by MA, to an amount warranted by the value of the sale, but in no event greater than 25% of the Purchase Price, if Buyer is the successful bidder of the Purchased Items which shall be paid at the time Buyer becomes the winning bidder of the Purchased Items. If Buyer is the winning bidder for the Purchased Items, the refundable deposit set forth in the first sentence of this Section 11 shall become non-refundable and such amount together with the increased deposit set forth in the second sentence of this Section 11, shall be applied toward payment of the Purchase Price and the provisions of Section 1 will control. To register for the online component of any live auction conducted by Proxibid or Bidspotter™ or other auction platform, bidders will be required to submit a valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card and complete the online registration information. The credit card will not be charged except in the event of failure to pay.
12. Online Bids. MA will accept bids from Buyers who wish to bid, but cannot attend the auction. The bids maybe placed online at www.Hibid.com, www.Proxibid.com or www.Bidspotter.com. All bids will be recorded and synced with those bids received onsite in real time, with the highest bid price, winning the item(s), regardless of being placed online or onsite. Any taxes and/or Buyer’s Premium will be added to the winning bid price. Buyers who choose to bid at any auction online using Hibid.com, Proxibid.com or Bidspotter.com shall do so at their own risk. MA cannot guarantee the transmission of online bids when situations or circumstances beyond MA’s control interfere with the normal operation of the afore mentioned bidding platforms. MA has no responsibility or liability for items lost at auction due to any system malfunction of the afore mentioned platforms. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to follow instructions of Hibid.com, Proxibid.com or Bidspotter.com to properly operate the online bidding system.
13. Bidding. If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer has the right in its sole and absolute discretion to determine the winning bidder or to re-offer and resell the item or lot in dispute. MA shall have no liability arising from any dispute between two bidders. MA reserves the right to group one or more lots into one or more selling items or lots, or to add to or delete items or lots at its sole discretion. MA reserves the right to set the bidding increments. MA also reserves the right to reject any bid which is only a fractional advance over the preceding bid. MA, or the owners, reserves the right to set and/or to modify a minimum price.
14. Hazardous Materials. Buyer acknowledges that Purchased Items may contain Hazardous Materials. BUYER HEREBY INDEMNIFIES, DEFENDS, PROTECTS AND HOLDS HARMLESS, THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, COSTS AND JUDGMENTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY RELEASE OF ASBESTOS, PCBS OR OTHER HAZARDOUS MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE REMOVAL AND TRANSPORTATION OF THE PURCHASED ITEMS FROM THE REAL PROPERTY. As used in these Sale Terms “Hazardous Materials” means (a) substances that are defined or listed in, or otherwise classified pursuant to, any applicable laws or regulations as “hazardous substances,” “hazardous materials,” “hazardous wastes,” “toxic substances,” or any other formulation intended to define, list, or classify substances by reason of deleterious properties such as ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, carcinogenicity, reproductive toxicity, or “EP toxicity,” (b) oil, petroleum, or petroleum derived substances, natural gas, natural gas liquids, synthetic gas, drilling fluids, produced waters, and other wastes associated with the exploration, development, or production of crude oil, natural gas, or geothermal resources, (c) any flammable substances or explosives or any radioactive materials, and (d) asbestos in any form or electrical equipment that contains any oil or dielectric fluid containing levels of polychlorinated biphenyls in excess of 50 parts per million. As used in these Sale Terms, “Indemnified Parties” means collectively MA, the owner of the Real Property, the Owner and their respective managers, officers, directors, shareholders, members, agents, attorneys, employees, successors and assigns.
15. Buyer’s Responsibility and Indemnity. Buyer is responsible for shipping and all transportation expenses. Buyer acknowledges the Personal Property where items upon which Buyer may be bidding are located, held or presented for inspection, may be potentially dangerous places which may include noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances being present, heavy equipment being operated, and live electric circuits. Buyer and its agents and representatives present at the Personal Property before, during or after an auction shall be deemed to be present at their own risk. Buyer further acknowledges that MA shall have no liability for any injuries sustained to Buyer and its agents and representatives, nor damages to or loss of property which may occur from any cause whatsoever. Removal of Purchased Items shall be at the sole expense, risk and liability of the Buyer. In addition, all freight and insurance charges are the responsibility of Buyer unless otherwise agreed by MA and Buyer in writing. Buyer shall be responsible for and pay all expenses, losses and damages that may arise from the removal and transportation of the Purchased Items from the Real Property, and all losses, damages, debts and liabilities incurred by Buyer in connection with Buyer’s purchase and removal of the Purchased Items and all other expenses relating or incidental thereto. BUYER HEREBY INDEMNIFIES, DEFENDS, PROTECTS AND HOLDS HARMLESS, THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL SUITS, CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES AND EXPENSES, INJURIES TO ANY PROPERTY OR PERSONS (INCLUDING DEATH) INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH BUYER’S ATTENDANCE AT THE AUCTION, VISITS TO THE PERSONAL PROPERTY, PURCHASE, OWNERSHIP, DISMANTLING, REMOVAL OF THE PERSONAL PROPERTY, TRANSPORTATION, REASSEMBLY, USE AND/OR RESALE OF THE PURCHASED ITEMS, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY OF THE OBLIGATIONS OF BUYER.
16. No Warranties. Neither MA nor the Owner make any representations, warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, as to the genuineness, authenticity, quantity, quality, condition, usability, salability, weight, measure, count, make, model, year, age, mechanical condition, performance, description, or other specifications of any items upon which Buyer will be bidding or in any lot(s). Neither MA nor the Owner shall be liable for any fault or defect in any lot(s). MA shall not be held liable for any inaccurate, incomplete or incorrect description, of any items or lot(s) upon which Buyer will be bidding, or in any media pertaining to the auction, whether in a catalog, advertisement, website listing, or otherwise. Descriptions of items are prepared FOR GUIDE PURPOSES ONLY and shall not be relied upon by the Buyer for accuracy or completeness.
BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT NO REPRESENTATIVE OF MA HAS AUTHORITY TO MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PURCHASED ITEMS.
THE PURCHASED ITEMS SOLD BY MA HEREUNDER ARE SOLD “AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR RECOURSE OF ANY KIND OR NATURE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES ARISING UNDER THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE OR UNDER ANY OTHER APPLICABLE LAW INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY MA AND OWNER IN THEIR ENTIRETY. IN ADDITION, MA AND OWNER MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE TITLE, POSSESSION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, LOCATION OR COMPLETENESS OF THE PURCHASED ITEMS.
17. Default/Non-Compliance. In addition to the matters set forth in Section 1 above, if Buyer fails to pay the Purchase Price for any of the Purchased Items, MA may resell such items at a public or private sale without further notice. If, at such a sale, such item(s) is sold for a lesser price; the defaulting Buyer will be responsible to pay for the difference together with all charges, fees and/or expenses, including but not limited to, the cost of removal and resale of the abandoned item(s), commissions, and legal fees incurred by MA as a result of resale.
18. Limitation of MA’s Liability. MA shall not be liable to Buyer for any damages, including, without limitation, incidental, consequential, exemplary, treble or special damages or damages for breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, patent infringement or otherwise arising out of or in any way related to the (i) auction, (ii) Purchased Items or any act or omission of MA concerning the Purchased Items, (iii) removal and/or delivery of any Purchased Items from the Real Property, or (iv) dismantling, removal, transport, reassembly, use, operation, maintenance, or repurchase and/or resale of the Purchased Items by any person.
19. Acts of Others. MA is not responsible for the acts or omissions of (i) of any party who provided any items to the auctioneer for sale, (ii) owner or lessor of the Real Property, or (iii) any party who provides services to the auctioneer and/or Buyer, including, but not limited to telecommunication, internet bidding services, removal, rigging, or shipping, of Purchased Items.
20. Headings. The section headings in these Sale Terms are inserted for convenience only and are not intended to modify or define any term or provision of these Sale Terms.
21. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. THESE SALE TERMS SHALL BE DETERMINED UNDER, GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEVADA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO PROVISIONS FOR CHOICE OF LAW THEREUNDER. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO AGREES THAT ALL ACTIONS OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THESE SALE TERMS SHALL BE TRIED AND LITIGATED ONLY IN THE STATE COURTS AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN CLARK COUNTY, NEVADA.
22. Severability. If any provision of these Sale Terms is deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining parts, shall not be affected.
23. Changes of Terms and Conditions. These Terms , Sale Terms or Conditions of Sale can be changed at anytime without notice.
Additional AUTO AUCTION Terms & Conditions that will be used for online and live Auto Auctions.
1.Everyone must register and obtain a bidder card to participate in the auction. Anyone Eighteen years and older (18) can register for the auction.
2. There is no cost to obtain a bidder number, however you must post a deposit that is fully refundable, if you don’t bid or don‘t win.
3. Vehicles are sold “As-IS, WHERE-IS, no warranties or guarantees of any kind unless noted on the Buyers’ Guide. Most vehicles have a warranty offered on the Buyers’ Guide, which is affixed on the vehicle’s window. Any warranty offered is made by the consignor and not the responsibility of Munari Auctions, Inc. Munari Auctions arbitration policy follows the guidelines and items in the arbitration policy of the National Auto Auctions Association Arbitration policy: http://www.naaa.com/pdfs/NAAAArbitrationPolicy_Jan2011.pdf
4. A buyer’s fee will be added to your winning bid price (Fee Schedule posted in office).
5. Nevada sales tax will be applied and collected unless you have a current dealer license and re-seller’s permit certificate on file with us. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. All vehicles purchased must be paid in full and picked up by Monday at 3:00 pm following the auction.
7. Any buyer that has not made payment or other arrangements in writing by Monday at 3:00 pm following the auction will forfeit their deposit.
8. No soliciting, selling or dealing on any vehicles that are not in Munari Auctions, Inc. If you are approached by anyone trying to sell you a vehicle outside of the auction, please report this incident to the office immediately.
9. Any bidder disputes will be decided by the auctioneer at his sole discretion.
10. Munari Auctions reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. No children under the age of 16, or pets will be allowed in the auction lane.
11. These rules can be changed at any time.